Saturday 14 June 2008

Hello Big Wide World

It's amazing the difference a few weeks can make our once cute but ugly baby budgies are all cute now, it's getting harder to get a decent photo of them now because they are smart enough to know to hide when the camera comes. The oldest which my boys have named Thunder came out of the nesting box yesterday, I think he is a boy still a bit too hard to till yet. I got this photo of him.

He's a lovely white and grey colour, not quite as blue as it looks in this photo, the second oldest is a lovely shade of bright blue and the youngest is a yellow and green colour, it's great that we ended up with three different colours.


Last week I finished off and sent my Parasol and paper swap to Suze in the US, I must thank Natasha for the inspiration on this, after seeing what herself, Heather, Holly and Ginny had made for their Marie Antoinette round robin, although mine is nowhere near as elaborate.

Here is what I sent.

Lots of lovely ribbons and lace.


It's hard to get a decent photo of the clock, I actually used the arms off a doll that I bought so she could hold her parasol, I really hope Suze likes this as it took quite a while to get it to work just right. I hope that it all arrives there safely.

Yesterday my parcel arrived from Suze, I was so excited I had to stop myself and make sure that I took photos of everything. Suze was more then generous I love everything she sent.


How cute is this handmade tag, it is just beautiful.


The most yummiest caramels ever, love the flower and lace


A glittered L vintage doilie and some of the most beautiful papers ever!


Glittered parasols and even some confetti ones too.




How about this beautiful mosaic box it is just so beautiful I love it!

Lovely bling, and have a look at what Suze used for the feet, gorgeous vintage spools with lovely thread still attached.


The inside of the box is just as beautiful.


and look even more beautiful goodies inside the box!

A beautiful vintage parasol broach love it, there was even a beautiful vintage hankie with a lovely girl holding a parasol.

Thank you again Suze I really enjoyed this swap thanks to such a generous partner I hope that your parcel arrives very soon.

I'm trying to stall on the A to Z of my home, as I'm up to M and that is my youngest sons room which I'm still in the process of painting at the moment, sorry I'm not going to give you any clues about what the M stands for you will just have to wait and see hopefully soon।

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week.

Cheers,

25 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Linda your Marie inspired clock collage is beautiful!!! All your goodies are gorgeous, I am sure Suze will love them. She sent you amazing goodies too, LOVING that mosaic box, wow I've never seen an umbrella done in mosaic before, that is so clever!

Say hi to gorgeous Thunder!

Deb said...

Hi Linda, Your clock you made is just so gorgeous, love all your beautiful swap goodies from Suze they are amazing.
Your new little bird is so cute.
Take care.
Deb

Louise said...

What lovely items from both your swaps, both of you being so creative. I love the grey budgie, he does look a lovely shade of blue in the photo. x

Gail McCormack said...

Your goodies are gorgeous Linda. Wow is that the same birdie???

bluemuf said...

Linda, what a lovely handsom bird. It must be so much fun to breed them. I love the collage you made with the lace clock. Gorgeous.

thank you for popping by,

Karen

Marja Kristiina said...

Wow, what a swap - both of you participants were so lucky!!!

Thanks for your comment, it was most interesting to hear how this Christmas thingie (!) works out over there. I should be so lucky as to have it twice a year ;-)

Take care!

Birds of a Feather said...

hi linda ~ glad to see the babies are growing and happy! wow, gorgeous creations and gifts you received!
xo heidi

Deb said...

What a lovely budgie Thunder is! Gorgeous colours. Your Parasol & paper swap turned out beautiful.

Rue said...

Hi Linda :)

Your goodies are darling! I just know she'll love them.

Cute birdie too ;)

rue

Lori said...

all the goodies from that swap are gorgeous...those you gave and those you received...the clock collage you made is just amazing...the use of the doll arm is VERY clever indeed and her dress is exquisite...

your bird is a beauty!!!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh my gosh that clock is GORGEOUS!!! She sent you a wonderful box too!

Ragged Roses said...

What wonderful swap goodies - you must have been delighted and so must have been your partner. How pretty they all are. Love the colours of your budgie
Kimx

CIELO said...

Thunder is so cute! All your treasures are so pretty, too!

pd: we are having a garden party and would love to see you there... come see.

Hugs

cielo

Unknown said...

Oh Linda!! What a beautiful swap!!! You are so talented! You shouls sell your pices!! I love what you received too! That mosaic umbrella is so sweet!!

I cant believe that is the same sweet birdie! How adorable :)

hugs,
Amy

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment!
All these pretty things are just delightful to see. You are both very creative artists!!! I'm sure glad I visited yours. Very inspiring.

Til next time,
Brook

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Linda you must be thrilled with your swap parcel as will be your swap partner when she receives hers.

I'm still eagerly awaiting for mine to arrive. I feel a bit like a kid at Christmas...lol
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Linda, Wow! I love your amazing creation! Just beautiful

Penny

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hey Linda, Im so glad you gals have had fun with the swap. Its been great, you were all so fun and creative. I saw Suze's creations on her blog and i knew you'd be over the moon with them. You both sent some gorgeous items, well done and Thanks again for joining in the fun!

Oh and how sweet is Thunder ! hes precious!

Love Shann x

Ali said...

Well hon, you have outdone yourself. It is all really pretty. And what a fun swap you received as well. Very generous hey? Thanks for your warm sympathy's hon for my hand lol. ox Ali

kari and kijsa said...

What wonderful treasures!! Your clock collage is fabulous!! And your new budgie is adorable!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

your baby budgie's have grown so quickly!! and Bly now we all know what one of my FAV colours are!!!
Your swap things look soooo sweet!!& the box is YUUMMO!!
have a great weekend sweetie!!
mands

The French Nest said...

Hi Linda,

Your budgie is adorable and your goodies from the paper swap are gorgeous - such a good idea!

Kate

kari and kijsa said...

Absolutely beautiful...love the box!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

CIELO said...

Just came to say hi! Hope everything is doing great!

Cielo

Amanda said...

absolutely beautiful! love all the colors!!