Tuesday 10 February 2009

Words can not discribe





I have been watching the news in horror for the last few days, our wonderful lucky country is in pain. Between the flooding in North Queensland, the town of Ingham has 3000 homes underwater, then to the other extreme the tragic fires in Victoria and New South Wales.

Victoria has been so badly hit to date 173 people have lost their lives and it is believed there is 5000 people homeless, but these numbers are believed to rise.

I have been in tears hearing the stories of loss and tragedy, but then in tears of happiness when they show a family that has finally been reunited. Words cannot describe what the survivers are going through so here are some pictures.


My prayers and thoughts go out to all that have been affected by both tragedies, and to the volunteers out there giving everyone a hand my greatest admiration.

Best Wishes,

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a heartwreching tragedy for both parts of lovely Australia. My prayers are with those that are affected by the fires and flooding.

Anonymous said...

This is so terrible. And to think many people in the UK have been complaining about a bit of snow and ice disrupting their travel! Thinking of everyone who has been affected.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Linda

I just can't believe what's happening here for us....

the top end of Australia is flooded, the bottom burnt to a crisp

So many lives lost and sadness both ends...

Lisa Kettell said...

This is heartwrenching, I can't bare to watch it, My heart goes out to all of my friends in Australia!
Blessings, Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

MaygreenFairies said...

Gosh what heart wrenching photo's, it's just terrible. We are hearing of it on the news over here in the UK too and it's dreadful. My thoughts go out to your country folk who have been affected by this tradegy. Mandy x

Audra, Green Meadow Lane said...

Oh my gosh. This must have been terrifying! The fire is amazing to look at as I've never seen it like this before. I can only imagine what everyone was going through. My prayers go out to those effected by this tragedy.