Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year to all!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Years, mine was very quiet didn't even make it till 12 but did spend it with family up at the beautiful sunshine coast.

Although I am happy for the New Year which I view as a clean slate, I am a little worried about what the New Year may hold. Although Australia is doing well compared to a lot of countries in the current economic crisis we don't know what the future holds. Normally I wouldn't be so worried about this sort of thing, but now being a business owner of a very quickly expending business you tend to listen a little more closely to these things. So I am hoping that the doom and gloom and hard times that they tend to dwell upon on the TV is all greatly exaggerated and that it will work out in the end.

Anyway enough doom and gloom, 2008 for my family was one of many highlights and not too many downs (thankfully). Paul and I had always said that we will never own a truck too much money and worry involved and it so much easier to work for someone else. But when a business opportunity can up November 2007 it was too good to knock back and we are glad that we did. It has been a step learning curve but one worth doing.



We have now expanded from owing an old 1996 model Kenworth truck and trailer to now owning two brand new Kenworth 's and having an employee. It all has happened so quickly it was mainly over Christmas time when both trucks were at home did it really sink in that they were ours, we know that the first years are always the hardest but we are looking to the future and hopefully growing the business for our sons future.



Sorry for waffling on so much but this being New Years Day I am thinking about what my priorities are for the next year. Of cause my family is number 1, but number 2 is defiantly the business and trying to learn as much as possible. How different my priorities are compared to last years resolutions which of cause never got done, the story of my life.



So I hope that everyone has a wonderful and exciting year this year with not too many down times. Till next time.



Cheers,


P.S I have decided to join in on the One World one Heart Giveaway this year 19th January. I entered many draws last year, didn't win any :( but that really isn't the point because I found so many wonderful creative blogs from all over the world, my 50th post is coming up and my blog 1st Anniversary so I thought I would combine the lot and have a giveaway. Now I just have to work out what to make. If you want more info on this event there is a link on my sidebar.

14 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Lots of luck in your new business, good health and happiness are being sent up to you all from me

ittybittyandpretty said...

thanks for stopping by my little blog. what part of brissy do you live? we are in bray park north side. hope your business goes from strength to strength. have a great new year i just know we will. %*_*% rosey

roseroomnz.com said...

All the best for you business venture. May 2009 be everything you hope for - Rachaelxo

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh i was in your neck of the woods the other day at spotlight. my girls wanted to buy something crafty to do cause they were bored and had money burning a hole in their purses. xx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Linda! Happy New Year to you too! Owning a business can be a bit scary, but people still have to move things from one place to another, so I'm sure your trucks will be kept very busy! Hope you are able to grab some time for yourself so you get to play a bit this year, too!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Katrina said...

Hi Linda, yes I am hearing you about the over exaggerated doom and gloom with the economy. I too am wishing the media would give it a rest! My husband owns a huge printing company and September 2008 was their biggest month EVER. I am also in the building industry so the media doesn't help here with it's negativity about the housing market. Anyway, like you I have a list of goals and can't wait to get going on them. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

Unknown said...

I have really enjoyed visiting your blog and the comments from you on my blog in 2008! Here's to many more to come in 2009!
Happy New Year!!!

bluemuf said...

Hi Linda,

A Very Happy New Year to you and your family.

Enjoy your new business venture and it sounds like you have made an excellent decision.

I'm so glad you stopped by

Karen

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Linda ~

Happy New Year! Wishing you peace, love, joy & prosperity!

xo Heidi

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Linda! thanks for popping in for a visit (I really should get your email to reply when you visit!) I checked with May Britt about our One Project A Month challenge and she thinks it needs to be limited to soft crafts - stitching, quilting, knitting etc - SORRY!! I'd still love to see photos of your home decorating projects though! There are a few on our list, too, not least of which is getting the outside painted - long process and long story! Tee! Hee! Hee! Have a great day! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Linda, I too have been trying to balance everything in my head and reorganize priorities. You asked about our snow. We are in North Central US, and usually don't have this much snow so early in the season. The snow does however stay until April, and we have had blizzards in early April before. I'm afraid this year the yard will be extremely wet and will take awhile to dry! Hubby started shoveling the snow away from the door and window, but it is already blowing back in!

Jessica said...

Happy New Year to you! : )

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the new truck.... my husband has a Volvo..... he is leased to a company..... hope your fuel is down like ours is..
Hugs
Linda

Unknown said...

how exciting to have 2 new trucks - may they do lots of trucking for you hehehe

I love your Christmas decs in your home, proper christmas land...